Anna de Bakker
Year Matriculated into Ph.D. Program
Areas of Interest
music, liturgy, religious history, manucript studies, the Low Countries
Harvard AB, 2010; Yale Divinity School/Institute of Sacred Music, MAR, 2012
My dissertation is on Cistercian office chant of the Low Countries; my dissertation adviser is Margot Fassler. I am particularly interested in the intersection of liturgy, music, history, and exegesis. I am also a singer and an amateur player of the viola da gamba.
Recent Scholarly Activity
- Presentation at Cantus Planus (Dublin, 2016)
- Forthcoming chapter in Medieval Cantors and their Craft (Boydell & Brewer).
- Nanovic Institute Graduate Break Travel and Research Grant (2016)
- Graduate School Professional Development Award (2015, 2016)
- Outstanding Teaching Award in 2015, and a Striving for Excellence in Teaching certificate, Kaneb Center, University of Notre Dame 2016.