Anna de Bakker
Harvard AB, 2010; Yale Divinity School/Institute of Sacred Music, MAR, 2012
Year of Matriculation
Areas of Interest
Music, liturgy, religious history, manucript studies, the Low Countries
My dissertation is on Cistercian office chant of the Low Countries; my dissertation adviser is Margot Fassler. I am particularly interested in the intersection of liturgy, music, history, and exegesis. I am also a singer and an amateur player of the viola da gamba.
Recent Scholarly Activity
- Presentation at the conference "Ritual and Historiography in the Middle Ages" (Münster, 2017)
- Chapter in Medieval Cantors and their Craft (Boydell & Brewer, 2017)
- Nanovic Institute Graduate Break Travel and Research Grant (2014, 2016)
- Graduate School Professional Development Award (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Outstanding Teaching Award in 2015, and a Striving for Excellence in Teaching certificate, Kaneb Center, University of Notre Dame 2016.